I have teamed up with my friend, Caroline from Olive You Whole, to create my new favorite party dip! I have always found myself in a predicament with finding things to snack on at parties. If I am avoiding dairy, I am usually left to choose from hummus and the raw veggies. That can be so boring when the table is filled with hot, cheesy dips!
I started to think about what I would bring to a Super Bowl party and found myself wishing for a hot dip that was not full of cheese! I called on Caroline, who is the best Paleo + Whole 30 recipe creator that I know (see tons of examples on her blog) to see if she wanted to create a dairy-free recipe for an all-time favorite, the Buffalo Chicken Dip. This dip is at every party I go to and I love it! The traditional recipe is full of chicken, hot sauce, cream cheese and shredded cheese. I love it, my body doesn't.
You guys. Caroline is an absolute master. She nailed it! We had our families + friends taste test and the results were unanimous - it's amazing!!! "Better than the original" - they said!!! So, here it is. The recipe for the best warm, dairy-free dip - that is sure to be the crowd favorite at your Super Bowl party!!
This recipe is compliant with so many dietary needs: paleo, Whole30, dairy free, gluten free and keto!
PALEO BUFFALO CHICKEN RECIPE
14 oz cashews, roasted and salted
3 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
10 oz cooked, shredded chicken (3 cups)
2 tbsp gelatin
1 cup Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Sauce
1/2 cup of mayonnaise
3/4 teaspoon dried dill
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon fresh chives, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Blend cashews, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, full fat coconut milk, gelatin, hot sauce, mayo and spices in a blender or food processor until smooth.
3. In a large bowl, mix the buffalo blend and shredded chicken.
4. Spray your pan (6x9 for thicker dip or 9x13 casserole dish for thinner dip). Spread the dip evenly into the dish, place in oven and bake for 20 minutes or until heated through.
5. Serve with your choice of carrot sticks, celery, chips or crackers! Tag posts of your dip with hashtag #buffalochickdip
Who are you pulling for in the Super Bowl this year? Let's be honest. I go the parties for the snacks and friends ;) I can't wait to see how much everyone LOVES this dip!!