I love when my fave local green beauty store, Fig & Flower, hosts events with their clean beauty brands. It’s pretty amazing/dangerous that I live in the same neighborhood as this great boutique that carries some of the best brands in clean beauty. I literally walked out of my front door and around the corner the other night for an event with the founders of Osmia Organics and Clove + Hallow. It was such a fun night- both founders shared the story behind their brands and why they are passionate about clean beauty. They also got to show off their amazing products – we did facials with Osmia and played with all of the colors from Clove + Hallow! I loved hearing the hearts and inspiration behind the brands.
I will certainly be posting my review of Clove + Hallow in the future, but I just HAD to share with you all immediately about the amazing skin that I woke up with yesterday from my facial with Osmia Organics!! Sarah, the founder of Osmia, flew in from Colorado and led us through a complete skincare routine. I had to maintain some serious self control to not leave with every single product I tried, but I did leave with a few and I cannot wait to tell you about them!
I had never even tried the brand before but I am most certainly a HUGE FAN now! I woke up the next day to the smoothest skin that I have seen in a while. I honestly forgot that my skin could look this good! It was really nice to be able to look in the mirror and feel like I looked refreshed (which is extra amazing when you are a new mama), rather than seeing skin that lately, I was just trying to ‘accept.’
I left with three products, two purchases and a Lip Doctor that was a ‘gift with purchase’ at the event (and my husband has already claimed it as his own…). I really wanted the complete skincare routine that I used that night, but I decided to leave with the products that most needed at home – moisturizers! And the mask that I will absolutely get was sold out.
Here’s the complete line-up of what worked like magic for me:
- Cleanse with the Pumpkin Facial Soap – This soap removed my makeup and left my skin feeling smooth, not dry.
- Apply Detox Mask – Okay, I could literally feel this mask working. I swear this is the reason my skin was so even and smooth the next day. I will own this asap! It’s best to use it once a week because it is so powerful!
- Next, I applied the Active Gel Toner – This is such a unique product! I had never used a toner that was any other form than a liquid. This toner was thick and dewy and did something magical when I put it on. A toner is a middle step that preps your skin before a serum/moisturizer and makeup. I loved the feel of this product.
- The last step was a pro move. Sarah instructed me to mix the Purely Simple Face Cream (also available here) and the Nectar Vital Rose Drops. The face cream was so thick and luxurious. And I’m obviously a sucker for anything with rose. These two were the ones that came home with me. My postpartum/cold weather/nursing mama skin needed some moisture badly. These two products (especially mixed) do their job – they soak into the skin just enough to not be heavy, and add enough moisture that doesn’t leave me wanting for more.
- Just add a little Lip Doctor or Lip Repair and if you are anything like me, you will be feeling brand new!
I am so happy to have been introduced to not only an amazing brand, but I absolutely loved Sarah (the founder)’s approach to green beauty…and life in general. She has created some truly beautiful products! I hope you’ll try them and love them as much as I now do!
If you shop with Fig and Flower, make sure you join their Rewards Program. I always prefer to shop when I can earn rewards towards future purchases!